The Spark Mobile app is available for free from Google Play, Apple Store.You can also install the app directly from your mobile device by searching for ‘Spark Mobile’ with author/owner ‘CESR’.
|See your courses at glance
Your courses are listed with easy access to contents, grades and notes*. A useful filter field lets you find a particular course quickly.
| Pull to refresh
Most screens will allow you to pull to refresh, improving the real-time experience.
| Orientation and resolution support
Most screens will allow you to pull to refresh, The app displays in portrait or landscape view, whatever your screen resolution.
|Easily access course content
View course activities and download materials for offline use. Work through Books and IMS Content packages directly in the app. The downloading status of resources is preserved even when changing sections or pages.
|Grades and grading
A Grades link for each course gives fingertip access to the grade book, and teachers can view assignment submissions on the move.
Teachers can view site, course and personal notes about their students and add their own notes. *The feature must be enabled by site admin
|Keep up to date with calendar events
Site, course and user events can be viewed in the calendar.Calendar events can now be viewed offline and infinite scrolling is available.
|View and upload to your Private files
Check the contents of your private files and upload media to them on the go. You’re allowed up to the storage limit determined by your school admin.
Keep up to date with notifications. The app supports both local (calendar events) and push (messages, forum posts, submitted assignments etc) notifications. Infinite scrolling is available and local notifications have multi-site support.
The app supports students making and removing choices. (The choice activity enables a teacher to ask a single question and offer a selection of possible responses. It may be used as a quick poll to stimulate thinking about a topic, to quickly test students’ understanding, to facilitate student decision-making, for example allowing students to vote on a direction for the course)
|Engage in chat, on the move *
Participate in a course Chat activity.
|Feed back to teachers with a survey
Surveys may now be taken using the app.
• Responsive design for phone and tablets
• Upload a picture into your private file area
• Record an audio file and upload it into your private file area
• Record a video and upload it into your private file area
• Download and view some course resources
• Quick access to your course contents
• View calendar events
• Reminder notifications for calendar events
• Mobile Push notifications
• View all your past notifications
• Browse and download your private and course files
• View forum discussions and site news
• Calendar integration with warning reminders as local notifications
• Upload any type of file from your device to your Spark private files area
• View the book module
• View site, course and personal users notes *
• Support for sites using CAS or Shibboleth as auth methods
• View your activity and course total grades in a course
• Participate in choices
• Participate in chats *
Note: All features indicated (*) can only be used if they are enabled by school administration
Over 15 languages are currently supported: Arabic, Basque, Catalan, Chinese, Czech, Dutch, English, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Mexican Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish and more.